The Mission Ministry of Spring Creek United Methodist Church seeks to provide opportunities for individuals to grow spiritually by responding to the call to serve. We do this by:
- Showing and sharing God’s love
- Identifying and providing diverse levels of service opportunities
- Equipping and empowering individuals to use their spiritual gifts where God is calling
- Enabling the development of relationships with those we serve
- Addressing immediate and underlying needs
Mission Opportunity Dates
- January 27 – Habitat for Humanity – Come and build a home for a family in San Antonio. Project starts January 27 and runs for 8 weeks. Click Here to sign up.
- Adult waiver
- Minor waiver
- Age Regulations
- Directions to Lenwood Heights
- Typical Construction Day
Local Ministries – Gretchen Stewart, Team Leader
Taking it To the Streets: Every third Saturday, cook a meal in the morning and serve it that evening to approximately 250 men, women and children in San Antonio to feed the homeless. This ministry also offers a time to create relationships and give those in need some much needed love. To be a part of this ministry contact David Riha, or call 210-413-8415, or visit their web page.
Magdalena House: Help with babysitting. Teach a skill to Magdalena moms. Provide yard work or handyman skills. This house provides transitional shelter, education, and hope to women fleeing abusive situations. To be a part of this ministry contact Denise Barker, or call 210-885-7413, or visit their web page.
Boerne Community Coalition: is a collaborative group of local non-profits, churches, the BISD and city government, working together to improve the lives of at-risk children in Boerne. Their LOVE Boerne Kids program prepares daily lunches and weekend food bags during the summer to children who are at-risk of going hungry. They also fund scholarships for children to attend enrichment programs. Lunches and weekend food bags are delivered to at-risk children participating in programs throughout Boerne. Their LOVE Boerne Neighborhoods Community Work Days, provides a supportive network to families by doing critical repairs on their homes which improves the safety and livability for all who live there. To be a part of this ministry contact Carolyn Bentzinger, or call 503-927-3820. For more information visit their web page.
Haven For Hope: Helps people experiencing homelessness in Bexar County. For more information visit their web page.
Hill Country Family Services Food Pantry: HCFS is seeking volunteers to help on Tuesday evenings working in their food pantry or any other time. For more information visit their web page or call 830-249-8643
Hill Country Daily Bread Food Distribution: There are multiple opportunities to help HCDB whether its food distribution ANY TIME of the year (takes place at Hill Country Daily Bread. For more information visit their web page.
- Hill Country Daily Bread needs mentors to at-risk children in its Stand By Me program. Mentors meet weekly with children outside of the school day. Contact HCDB at 830-249-0025.
- Boerne ISD needs mentors for its at-risk students — especially MALE MENTORS. Mentors meet for 1 hour during the school day weekly. To be a part of this ministry contact Mary Sanders, or call 210-218-3760.
- New Frontiers Charter School seeks mentors for its students. New Frontiers is located in San Antonio at 4018 South Presa. To be a part of this ministry contact Alfredo Segura, or call 210-875-8430.
Fill the Grocery Cart for the Elizabeth Ann Seton Food Pantry. Monetary donations also welcome. $25 can buy $150 of food through the SA Food Bank. To be a part of this ministry contact Manny De Los Santos or call 210-698-2172.
UMCOR Early Response Disaster Recovery: UMCOR also trains Early Response Teams, which are then deployed by United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM) in times of need. These training programs and many more enable United Methodists in the US to bring hope to those who are suffering. Disaster response volunteers travel to the site of a disaster to help organize and distribute aid. During the first few weeks or months after a disaster, only specially trained Early Response Teams can enter the area, due to health concerns and infrastructure limitations. To be a part of this ministry, contact Randall Browning, or call 281-415-1536
National Mission Trip: a great opportunity for our church community to grow in spiritually in mission work in our nation. There will be at least one national trip a year. To be a part of this ministry contact Kristi Browning, or call 281-414-2488.
International Ministries – Sally Peña, Team Leader
Guatemala Community Development Trip: travels to Guatemala once a year for a week through HELPs International. Trip dates typically are the last weekend of June through the first weekend of July. Each team generally consists of 10 to 20 volunteers, to install clean stoves and water filtration systems in homes and a local school. The trip will be completed with a brief stay in a hotel in the city of Antigua.
Days for Girls Ministry: meets monthly on the 4th Thursday, from 10 – noon to sew and assemble washable feminine hygiene kits for girls in developing countries so that they can live their life in dignity and get the education they so richly deserve. To be a part of this ministry contact Dee Ann Havely or call 210-598-9512.
Due to the construction going on Days for Girls currently meets at St John’s Lutheran church in Boerne. the 4th Thursday of each month, 9:30- 12.
Missionary Support: Assist in a Missionary financially. About 80% of all missionaries on the mission field serving these days must raise mission support to cover their own living and ministry expenses.
- Local and National: Wendi Brown, 210-831-9810 or Jeff Schroeder, 210-326-4743
- Disaster Recovery: Randall Browning, 281-415-1536
- Taking it to the Streets: David Riha,210-413-8415
- Love Boerne Kids: Carolyn Bentzinger, 503-927-3820
- Days For Girls: Dee Ann Havley, 210-598-9512
- Pastor: Rev. Denise Barker, 210-885-7413